Values & Beliefs
Its About Relationships, Not Religion
Organized religion is not the church. Jesus laid down His life so that each of us may find forgiveness of our sins, be transformed by His power, and experience abundant life in Him. He is the God of the second chance who desires a relationship with every person on earth. The life that Jesus gives is also meant to be experienced in community with others. Life Church is committed to helping you discover a personal relationship with Christ, and build rewarding, Christ-like relationships with others.
The Church is Not a Building
The church is not a building, it’s a community of individuals who are in the process of becoming more like Jesus. At Life Church, you will find no perfect people. Instead, you’ll encounter a vibrant, welcoming community of believers from all walks of life who have been captured by Christ’s love, are being transformed by His power, and are experiencing the irrepressible joy of life in Jesus.
Playing it Safe is Risky
There is nothing passive about following Christ; we are not called to be comfortable, play it safe, or do church as usual. In fact, we believe irrelevance is irreverence and “good enough” is not good enough. Instead, we are committed to serving God by all available means and in the most meaningful, relevant, and innovative ways. As a church we will make the most of every opportunity to glorify God, recognizing that great opportunities to serve Him may often come disguised as insurmountable obstacles or insignificant moments.
Worship is Everything
God created us to worship Him with everything we have and everything we are, and wherever His church gathers should be the most exciting place on earth! At Life Church, be prepared to experience a warm, family friendly, and joy filled celebration that glorifies the Father, exalts the Son, and makes room for the Spirit.
Every Believer is Gifted By God and Called to Serve
Every believer has been gifted by God and called to faithfully serve Him. A priority of Life Church is to help you discover your calling and giftedness, and then encourage, prepare and equip you to fulfill God’s calling.
Prayer is Not an Option, it’s a Lifeline
Prayer is a spiritual connection with God, and is necessary for anyone desiring to truly know Him. Prayer is also the fuel upon which we depend in order to fulfill our calling. You can expect Life Church to model a great reliance on prayer, and emphasize its importance within the life of every believer.
The Bible is the Word of God
The Bible is the Word of God; it is God’s reliable message to us, His divine and infallible blueprint for our lives. At Life Church we live, worship, teach and serve together under the Bible’s authority.
We Cannot Out Give God
God has held nothing back from us; we should hold nothing back from Him. The ministries of Life Church are provided for by the tithes and offerings of its participants. Life Church also tithes from our income to support other ministries in our area and around the world.
Everyone Has Value in God’s Eyes
We believe the followers of Jesus Christ should be the most compassionate people on earth. Life Church is committed to being Jesus to others, loving them where they are, as they are, and when they least expect it.
- There is only One True God–the Creator and Sustainer of all life Who is revealed in the three persons of the Trinity, as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is God’s authoritative and trustworthy Word to all people, it teaches us what to believe, how to live, and declares God’s plan and purpose for all mankind.
- Jesus Christ is fully God and man’s only Savior. He became flesh, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died on a cross to pay the penalty for our sin. He was resurrected from the dead, returned to heaven, and now reigns as the King of Kings, Lord of Lord’s, and the head of His Church on earth.
- We were each created in the image of God. However, our sin has marred that image and separated us from Him. The remedy is reconciliation through God’s grace that is made available to each of us through repentance and by embracing the sacrificial death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- God’s grace through Jesus Christ is available to anyone who by faith will call upon Him. All who are in Christ become children of God and brand new creations in Him.
- The evidence of being a child of God is abiding in Christ, following in His footsteps, and loving Him with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. The outcome of being a child of God is loving others as Christ has loved us, and showing them the same compassion that He has shown us.
- The Holy Spirit indwells every believer. It is He who illuminates our minds, directs our steps, and provides us divine ability to serve God and accomplish His purposes. He also enables us to walk in the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- The Church is Christ’s body on earth; every follower of Christ is a member and He is its head. The purpose of the Church is to make known the goodness of God, to go and make disciples of all, and help meet the needs of others in tangible, meaningful ways. Every believer is called to actively worship with, serve with, fellowship with, financially support, and be accountable to the local church.
- Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper following Jesus’ example and being baptized by immersion in water is our announcement to the world that we have become a follower of Jesus Christ. Sharing the Lord’s Supper together with our fellow believers is a reminder that Christ laid down His life for us, and that we are called to lay down our lives for one another.
- Praying for God’s Kingdom to come and His will to be done is the responsibility of every follower of Christ. Praying that God will provide healing, deliverance, strength, wisdom, and blessings is the God-given privilege of every believer.
- Marriage, as defined by Scripture, is the blessed union of one man and one woman sharing a lifelong covenant.
- The family is the bedrock of a healthy society. Parents, not society nor government, are responsible for nurturing their children.
- The earth is not our permanent home. There will come a day, at God’s appointed time, when He will call for His Church, and all believers on earth, including those who died in the faith, will rise to meet the Lord in the air, and remain with Him forever.
- There will be a final judgment. Those who abide in Jesus Christ will be rewarded for their life of faith and good deeds and will enjoy God’s presence forever. Those found to be without faith in Christ will be sentenced to eternal punishment separated from God.