Fill a Backpack with Food, and Fill a Heart with Encouragement
The Heart F.E.L.T. Ministry to the Calvert County School System started during the summer of 2012. Heart F.E.L.T. (Filling Empty Little Tummies) is a program where backpacks filled with evening and weekend food is sent home with children who are on the subsidized school lunch program. This program helps fill empty little tummies of children who may go hungry on the weekends.
The Heart F.E.L.T. ministry team has also assisted Life church and PPES with providing Christmas food baskets, winter coats, and Christmas gifts to these children and their families.
The first backpacks were delivered in Calvert County January 2013. Currently all of the elementary schools in Calvert County are being ministered to by various churches in this county.
Life Church started providing backpacks to the Plum Point Elementary students in need in the Spring of 2013. We are currently serving 42 empty little tummies and have packed over 1000 backpacks since the inception. This number will be increasing this year. Would you consider serving with this team?
The founder of Heart F.E.L.T. of Calvert has received reports from faculty and staff indicating that they have seen significant improvement in the children’s attendance, attitudes and grades. The Heart F.E.L.T. Ministry Mission Statement is “You Have Never Really Lived Until You Have Done Something For Someone Who Can Never Repay You”.
For more information regarding how you can help with this Heart F.E.L.T. ministry contact Heart F.E.L.T. team leader Suzanne Walker at [email protected]
HeartFELT Food List
(No Glass containers)
- Bookbags (New or slightly used)
- Apple Sauce, 3.9oz/pkg
- Beans & Franks, 7.75oz/pop-top lid or 15 oz. can
- Beefaroni, 15oz
- Beef Stew, 12 oz cans
- Canned Corn, 15oz
- Cereal, single serving box/any flavor
- Chicken, canned, 5 oz can
- Chicken & Rice Soup, 11oz/pop-top lid
- Chicken Noodle Soup, 11oz/pop-top lid
- Cookies, single serve size
- Cup O’Noodles, 2.25oz/any flavor
- Fruit Cups, 4oz
- Fruit Snacks
- Goldfish Crackers, 1.1oz/individually wrapped
- Green Beans, 15oz can/pop-top lid
- Instant Oatmeal packets, individually wrapped/any flavor
- Jar Jelly, small plastic jar
- Jar Peanut Butter, small plastic jar
- Juice, Fruit Punch, 6.75 oz box
- Juice, Apple, 6.75 oz box
- Juice, Grape, 6.75 oz box
- Juice, Orange, 6.75 oz box
- Macaroni & Cheese, “Easy Mac”-single servings
- Mac & Cheese 2.05 oz. bowl
- Mac & Cheese 7.25 oz. box
- Milk, 8oz non-refrigerated
- Mixed Vegetables, 15 oz can
- Nut – snack packs
- Nutrigrain Cereal Bars, individually wrapped/any flavor
- Peanut Butter Crackers, 6 count/individually wrapped
- Peas, Sweet, 15 oz can
- Popcorn to pop or individual snack bags
- Pop Tarts, individually wrapped/any flavor
- Potato Chips, individually wrapped/any flavor
- Pretzels, single serving pkgs.
- Pudding Cups, 3.5oz/non-refrigerated
- Raisins, 1.5oz/individual boxes
- Ramen Noodles, 3oz single serving/any flavor
- Ravioli, 15oz can/pop-top lid
- Spaghetti & Meatballs, 15oz can/pop-top lid
- Tomato Soup, 15 oz cans
- Tuna, chunk in water, 5 oz cans
- Vegetable Beef Soup, 15 oz cans
- Vienna Sausages, 5oz/pop-top lid
- Cash donations and Grocery store gift Cards gladly accepted
- Thank you for your support!